Friday, May 25, 2007

Summer Time

Oh how I love summer time. Warm weather, no school, swimming, warm weather, boating, skiing, laying on the beach, warm weather, sleeping in, vacations... You get the idea. Now that we live in Michigan I love it even more. This is the first week we have been able to sleep with the windows open!!! I wasn't too sure I was ever going to thaw out. And I need some warm weather!!!! But, it also means I will be at home with my three beautiful, darling, perfect children 24/7. Now I am very thankful that I can stay at home with them, but I am not entirely looking forward to it. First of all, they are kids. I would like to have some adult conversation too. Second of all, they are kids. Their first love is to pester each other! Third of all, they are kids. They make all kinds of gross messes that I have to clean up! And I could go on and on but will spare you all the details.

So I have been coming up with some new rules that I hope will make my life and their life easier and more enjoyable this summer. This is what I want to know from you, what works for you? what have you tried that didn't work? got anything new you are going to try this summer? Leave me a comment or drop me an e-mail. Ask you friends, neighbors, gas station employees, who ever!! I just need some help. I am revealing my new plan to the girls tonight, but I will be adding new things as the summer goes along. So don't be shy let the comments fly. And by the way we don't live that far away, Michigan is pretty in the summer (and usually warm), and would make the perfect vacation spot! I even know a really cheap place you can stay!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

God is too funny! I just finished this post and went to fix myself some lunch. Now I like to read my mail while I eat my lunch so I ran out to get the mail. In the mail was my Mom Sense magazine complements of my sister-in-law Rebecca. On the cover was Summer Survival Tips from America's Family Manager Kathy Peel. Well I didn't wait one minute. I opened it up and read it. The first thing the article said was set some goals. I have done that!!! Yeah. We are on our way to a great summer!

Gretchen said...

Help! can anyone translate?

JenniferLayne said...

I think they want you to buy a shirt?!?

I've been trying to think of suggestions for your summer, but I haven't thought of anything brilliant. I think the way I survive is by being gone half the summer. :)

I love the way you're always working on being a better mom and wife--it's inspiring and challenging to me. :)

Love, Jen

Anonymous said...

Gretchen,

Tim and Alex and I are coming up your way for Tom Wedding. Thinking of coming to see you guys. What would you think of that? I hope Alex's cast is off by then.

Andrea Jennings