Thursday, May 3, 2007

Merkels

Anyone know what that word means? Well I am sure my friend Jennifer does;) Her mom, Polly, made it up. That is just something she did as Jennifer was growing up. Travis and I thought it was too funny and was going to do it to our kids but haven't thought of any new words. I guess we just aren't very creative. Jennifer didn't think it was funny. You see she didn't realize that some of the words were made up until she went to college and found out that everyone didn't know what she was talking about. Anyway back to the word "merkel" (Is that how you spell it Jen?) Polly's definition was when a girls butt cheeks were hanging out of what ever she was wearing. Like "oh look, that poor girls merkels are showing" It makes me laugh just thinking about it. Well today as I was driving Leighton to preschool and there it was ,right on a license plate. Now it was probably a last name, but I sure had a good laugh. Just thought I would share.

2 comments:

JenniferLayne said...

At first I thought you meant you saw a real merkel (yes, that's how you spell it!!) on a license plate!! :) This cracked me up. Please resist the urge to brainwash your children!! Just kidding--my whacked out upbringing has made me who I am today. :)

Shannon B. said...

I have to admit I was one of those people to break the news to Jennifer!
But I sure enjoyed learning new words too! Now if only my husband would understand what I am talking about! Did Polly give you an imaginary middle name also? My new middle name was Shannon Mae. I also have to say, you are doing a much better job keeping up your blog than I am. I enjoy reading about your family.