Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer Fun


One of the many things I love about summer and being an at home mom is that we can be flexible. Case in point, this week we decided to go back home at 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning and left by 9:30 a.m. Now the day started out simple enough. I got up and started getting ready to go to church like any other Sunday morning. Took my shower, got dressed, made the cinnamon rolls, then it started... Brenna started in with the whining on going home. We had gotten an invitation to a surprise anniversary party for my Aunt and Uncle and my cousin Holli was going to be there. Now last summer Holli got married and B and Z were in the wedding. We had not got to see her since then (she lives in Florida and we live in Michigan for heavens sake!) and Brenna really wanted to go. Brenna had mentioned when we got the invitation that she wanted to go, but I had said no we had other things going on (swim lessons, piano lessons, small group, tap dancing...) and had dropped it. Well Brenna didn't forget.





Well As my friend Missy would say "long story short" we went home. We made it in plenty of time for the surprise party. And yes they were surprised. Sorry the picture is blurry. I had some technical difficulty with my mew camera. Luckily my Dad was there and figured it out. Thanks Dad.







My cousin Lee Ann was the flower girl back in 1972, so her daughter, Ellen, wore the dress she wore in the wedding. This is her and her brother Joe... I mean Josephina. Also all of the bridesmaids in the wedding wore small blue veils so Lee Ann, Miss Creativity that she is, made blue veils for the women folk to wear as party hats. Thanks Lee Ann it was a lot of fun and the fun is still continuing at home with those veils!




We also got to do several other fun things while we were back home but I will save that for another post. Congratulations Brent and Glenda on 35 years!


1 comment:

Melissa Milbourn said...

Gretchen,
I spoke with Carmen at a ball game today, and she reminded me that your birthday was this week. I'm terrible at remembering birthdays! Anyway, hope you had a good one!!!
Happy Birthday!!!