Tuesday, September 25, 2007

L-man's 1st Day of Preschool (This Year Anyway)

*****Update: After Travis read this he said "Did you really try to cry?" To which I replied "NO! I was trying to be funny. I just didn't have any inclination to cry and that isn't like me." Then he read Denny's comment and said "Do you really think Leighton looks like me?" and proceeded to enlarge the first picture and say "Yeah he does look like me. Especially in this one where his hair looks dark." Just thought I would clear up some confusion at our house. :)





Finally, L-man's first day of preschool this year. They moved to a new building so it took awhile to get all of the state requirements met. We had to get a picture of the backpack too. Sorry I forgot to rotate it before I uploaded it. Now I can't figure out how to rotate once it is up here. :(

This is Leighton's friend Sarah and her friend Cade. They are all in the same class. Hope the boys don't fight over Sarah! All lined up and ready to go inside. Some of the Moms were crying, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't squeeze out any tears. I guess I am getting to old. Even when I thought about the fact that this would be the last time I would take one of my babies to their first day of preschool. I guess the hormones are swinging the other way. Go figure.
Done with the first day. He is such a big boy. I can't believe this is my last year as a preschooler Mom. Boo Hoo. Just kidding. More like Yee Haw!!!!

5 comments:

Denny said...

I didn't realize that Travis was starting preschool!! It cracks me up how much he look likes Travis!!
Does he go all day??

Anonymous said...

How cute is he???Hope he always is so happy to go to school. He's not a baby anymore. Love those shorts!
Give him some xoxoxo's from Grammie and PaPa.

Melissa Milbourn said...

Well, I didn't cry when Josh started kindergarten this year either...but Rhonda cried like a baby. :-)

Kathy said...

Can't believe he's that big! Way to go, Mom!

Paula said...

I really think you've set yourself up for some trouble here Gretchen. After all, the children are standing in the middle of the street with looks of 'why are we here?' on their little 'about-to-be-run-over' faces. Honestly....