Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Heart Is Really Pumping Now!

Wow! While I was typing that last post Trav let the cat in. Well, she wasn't alone... she had a rabbit and it wasn't dead! Yikes. She let it lose and it hopped all around the house. Luckily it wasn't bleeding and didn't poop while inside. It visited the family room, then ran to the living room. She must have been an elegant little thing because she then visited the dining room. So she got to see all of the formal living areas of our house. Zia got a box and we tried to get her inside of it to get her out but she wouldn't get in. Finally in the dining room Trav was able to talk some sense into her and she went out the front door. But now the poor cat is still looking for her tasty dinner inside. She didn't see it go out. I'm so glad she didn't decide to dine in the dining room tonight.

4 comments:

Melissa Milbourn said...

That was hilarious!! What's also funny about that, is Emma (our cat) brought us three baby rabbits this weekend. One was delivered to us, by the cat, dead and half eaten. The other two were injured but still alive!

They were so young that their eyes were still closed. Maren fed them with an eye dropper, while I prayed that they would go ahead and die (just kidding, well sort of) anyway, they lived one day. But Maren now has a bigger mansion in Heaven, and God's still working with me.

Kathy said...

I was just about to write "Ask the Milbourn's about rabbits" but now I see I don't have to! :-) The Lays had a similar experience in May!

JenniferLayne said...

I can't believe this!! That is pure excitement, sister!! You tell those city people up there that you little town folks really know how to have fun! :)Jen

Paula said...

So glad that I'm not the only one to post 'weird' animal stories on their blog (re: my 'What IS that smell' post - July 17).

We lost a craw-dad in the house several years ago - to this day I STILL do not know what happened to it - nor did I detect any 'faint' odors...... HA

Glad to hear that the cat had to 'dine out'!