Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Small Town Life

I miss small town life. Not that the town we actually live in is that gigantic but we do live within a 60 mile radius of probably 3 million people. So things are definitely not the same. Since we got to visit home this month we got to attend two city band concerts. Now Trav and I both played in the city band and so did his sister and dad but I didn't think I would really miss it that much when we moved away. But I do. Not really playing in the band but going to the concerts. They usually have an ice cream social and there is always the popcorn wagon... It is fun to sit and listen to the band, eat popcorn and ice cream and visit with friends.


And if you get to go to the band concert Friday night don't forget your blanket to sit on, some money for the popcorn and ice cream and dance a little bit for me.

2 comments:

Denny said...

Hey Gretchen,

Cool Pictures! I really like the one of the gazebo with the courthouse clock tower in the background.. Oh yeah, the ones of the kids are really good too!!

Denny

Kathy said...

Man! This makes me wonder why we don't take advantage of this little slice of Americana--it's too precious to miss out on. Can you believe we've never been to one? That's about to change... :-)